There’s something about The Cotswolds…
It’s no secret that we love The Cotswolds. But it’s also no secret that this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty offers such a good quality of life, that it’s been consistently voting amongst the top places in the UK to live (in fact, Cirencester has just been named best place to live in the south west 2023).
But why is it SO popular? There’s just something about The Cotswolds that feels magical…
- Scenic Beauty: The Cotswolds is known for its beautiful landscapes and quaint villages with honey-colored limestone buildings. The area has rolling hills, fields, and forests, making it an attractive place to live for those who enjoy nature.
- Quality of Life: The Cotswolds has a reputation for being a peaceful and tranquil place to live, with a slower pace of life compared to larger cities. The area has a strong sense of community, and there are many activities and events for residents to enjoy.
- Proximity to Major Cities: While the Cotswolds offers a rural lifestyle, it is also conveniently located within easy reach of major cities such as London, Oxford, and Bristol. This makes it an ideal location for those who want to enjoy the benefits of country living while still having access to urban amenities.
- Employment Opportunities: The Cotswolds is home to a range of businesses; in addition to the local independent businesses that we adore, there’s traditional pubs, restaurants and larger national/blue-chip companies. There’s also a booming tourist trade here, which creates employment opportunities in the hospitality industry.
- Historical and Cultural Significance: The Cotswolds has a rich history and culture, with many historic sites and buildings, such as Roman villas, medieval churches, and stately homes. The area also has a strong arts and crafts tradition, with many galleries and workshops showcasing local talent.
Overall, the Cotswolds offers a high quality of life, beautiful surroundings, and a sense of community, which makes it a desirable place to live for many people.
Why would you want to live anywhere else?